community

I still have the flu so I won’t be writing anything major but I still wanted to share something that inspires me. I LOVE this video of people flashmobbing a 9-year-old’s arcade: (And here’s an article about it.) What I love about this is how a little boy so earnestly built an arcade and waited [...]

I am too tired to write a blogpost tonight, so instead I’m going to link to a story about a community’s outpouring of support for a family-owned business instead of a corporate chain. Because sometimes the little guy really can win:   In the era of big boxes, a day for the little guy.   [...]

Right now I’m in Chicago for a work conference and I’m touched by how broad my community is. I feel extremely blessed because it seems wherever I go, I know someone. I’m especially lucky in this trip because my sister recently moved here and my uncle lives not too far out of the city. What [...]

This is semi-related but first of all, have you seen this video of a flock of starlings, also called a murmuration? If not, please watch it because it’s awesome in the truest sense of the word. Murmuration from Sophie Windsor Clive on Vimeo. This weekend I had the good fortune of being surrounded by folks [...]

The other day on my way to work I was stopped at a red light waiting for the little green man to indicate it was safe for me to cross the street.A cab driver had the misfortune to be jutting out on the crosswalk and infringing in the space ahead of him, perpendicular to oncoming [...]

Community

Lately I’ve been thinking about community, how everyone feels a need to connect. How as human beings an integral part of our existence is a longing to fit somewhere. Most of us already have a community we belong to, but what if that community were bigger and grander? What if we truly became a global [...]

1 2 3
Plugin Support By Post Navigator